Universal Audio has released a v7.6 update to their popular UAD software that includes 3 great new plugins that were developed by Brainworx:
1. The Brainworx bx_Refinement Plugin which can be used to reduce harshness and/or edginess to your tracks or full mixes. This will come in handy on a current project which has some overly edgy guitars.
bx Refinement Features
- Reduces harshness and breathes life into recordings
- Fixed, dynamic or modulation based damping of unwanted frequencies
- Mid/Side processing
- Soft & hard damping provide second order filtering and higher order filtering respectively
- Solo filter allows to hear just what you’re removing from the recording
- Subtle saturation and presence controls enhance the material without changing its character
Take a look at the video to hear it:
2. The Brainworx bx_saturator V2 Plug-In which is great for adding distortion/saturation to sounds. It's capable of subtle enhancement to extreme distortion and works in M/S mode.
Brainworx bx_saturator V2 Plug-In Features:
- Turns standard sounds into exciting ear catchers
- Makes mixes sound louder and wider without clipping
- Allows adding saturation and distortion in different amounts to different frequency bands
- Add just a little to soften a mix buss or pile it on to an individual tracks for a dramatic effect
- Mono Maker sums very low frequencies so you can widen the rest of the stereo field without phase issues
Here's the intro video:
3. The Chandler Limited GAV19T Amplifier Plug-In. Those that are familiar with the hardware will be happy to know that it now available as a plugin. The GAV19T is capable of a multitude of tones and is a favorite of many guitarists.
Chandler Limited GAV19T Amplifier Features:
- Faithful emulation of a modern boutique amp inspired by classic British tone monsters
- FX Rack features lo-fi delay, noise gate, and filter controls
- 75 impulse responses with multiple speaker cabinets recorded in a state of the art room with stellar gear
- Feels like a real amp when played through Apollo’s low latency monitoring
- Bias control emulates hotter or colder preamp tubes for different flavors of distortion
- Drive features four modes, Treble Boost, Full Range, Aggressive, and Mids with a boost amount to dial in just the amount of the selected frequency range desired
- Tone controls feature Baxandall style curves which allow huge changes in frequency without changing the tone of the amp
- Re-Amp less than perfect DI guitar tracks, previously recorded with other guitar-amp simulations
Visit UA's website for more info and download the v7.6 update to demo the new plugins.