The AES 135th Convention continues today through Sunday. Here's some more gear that's being shown there.
PHOENIX AUDIO - NICERIZER JUNIOR
- 16 channels of our Class A, discrete, truly balanced transformerless input stage.
- Our proven and loved Class A, discrete, transformer balanced output stage (DSOP-2).
- Individual pan control for each channel with detented/steppd pots for extra control (16 x Pan pots)
- 16 x Balanced Input via D-sub inputs, wired as Tascam DA88 standard. Can accept balanced or unbalanced input with no -6dB loss.
- 4 x mix busses (Stereo Mix Bus)
- +8dB Boost button on each channel.
- Master mix bus output level control.
- Switchable for each channel and Main Output
- Main Outputs on Balanced XLR’s
- Maximum Output Level of +26dB.
- Huge headroom available on all channels.
- All units are wired with PTFE silver military grade cable
I have to admit I'm not very familiar with the company SKNote but the look and features of this unit piqued my interest. The Vastaso is described as a "stereo compression and distortion unit with sidechain EQ and external sidechain input". I can see using this as part of a DAW/Summing chain and also for tracking. A great way to add life to sterile sounds.
FEATURES- 12 stereo compression models (opto to vintage to modern)
- 12 stereo distortion modes (linked to compression)
- stereo with a single set of controls
- balanced inputs/outputs
- analog-computing modeling
- internal sidechain EQ (highs and lows)
- external (line level, balanced) sidechain input
- 16 VCAs inside
- feed-forward and feed-back compression
- peak and rms detection
- special compression modes
- huge needle meter for compression
- bi-color led indicator for distortion
- 3 rack units
Special AES 2013 introductory offer: $999 (+ VAT, taxes, shipment)
Slate Digital's VIRTUAL MIX RACK
Slate Digital has announced the VIRTUAL MIX RACK which should be available to purchase in January. Price TBA.
The TLM 107 is the latest microphone from Neumann (MSRP $1700). It uses a novel approach when changing mic settings "... all of the microphone switch functions are controlled through an elegant, wear-resistant navigation switch. The contemporary, intuitive operating concept includes an illuminated pattern display in the chrome ring, with the Pad and Low Cut status LEDs positioned to the left and right. The switch and display are located on the rear of the microphone so as to not distract singers. After 15 seconds, the display is turned off automatically, allowing the TLM 107 to be positioned discretely on the stage."
- Multipattern large diaphragm microphone with 5 polar patterns (omni, wide cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure-eight)
- Navigation switch with LED illuminated display for polar pattern, PAD and low cut
- Sound characteristics: transparent, natural reproduction of human voice, outstanding transient response
- Balanced sound in all 5 polar pattern settings